I haven’t been back at this blogging for very long, so I’m really honored to have nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award, not just by one other blog but two! So thank you so much Neha from Inky Affairs and Lisa from The Not So Secret Life of a Fan Girl. You both are amazing and your blogs inspire me so much!
This award is given to anyone who inspires their readers and brings sunshine to the blogging community! It’s amazing to receive!
The terms of this award are simple:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you
- Answer the Questions that were given to you
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and give them your own questions to answer!
- Notify those others bloggers of their nomination
Since I was nominated by two different people, I’ll split the questions they gave me into two sections 😊 First up are the questions from Lisa:
Which Hogwarts house are you a part of?
- According to the all-knowing power that is Pottermore, I am a Ravenclaw through and through.
A book everyone loves that you hate?
- I feel like “hate” is a strong word but I read The Maze Runner and I was not a fan. It wasn’t anything in particular, really. I just didn’t love the writing style, I didn’t really care about the characters but one (and he died, of course), and I thought the ending was kind of lame. Sorry to anyone who loves this book! It’s nothing personal.
Your most anticipated book release of the year?
- They have all already come out! 😉 I was waiting for Lady Midnight, A Court of Mist and Fury, and The Last Star. I am happy to say I have all of them on my shelves and I’ve read them all but The Last Star. But I did start it! About 30 pages and counting.
Most loved and most hated characters?
- This is a hard one… I feel like most hated is easy: it’s a split between Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles. I feel like those are two characters who have absolutely no redeeming qualities at all. Most loved? Hm… Maybe a three-way tie between Will Herondale, Tessa Grey, and Jem Carstairs of The Infernal Devices trilogy. I adore those books and those characters.
A book pairing you hate?
- Pretty much any pairing that puts the characters in a huge turmoil of love-triangleness. I despise a love triangle that becomes the whole plot. I just want to enjoy my romance in peace!
Your pet peeve?
- When someone chews with their mouth open, or when they spit all the time for basically no reason, or really any other habit that allows me to see what’s inside your mouth. 😂
A bad habit you have?
- I used to bite my fingernails, but luckily I don’t do that anymore. Cause my fingers look funky with short nails. But sometimes I bite the inside of my lips now, when I’m nervous or thinking, mostly. But literature has lead me to believe this is an endearing habit 😉
Your favorite season?
- Always autumn! I love the colors and the weather and the holidays and the American football. I also love the coziness of fires and reading books under blankets with warm beverages near by. 💙
A simple thing that makes you smile?
- The sound of the rain on the ground when a storm comes in. I always open my window during rain and sit near by so I can enjoy the sound and smell of it. It’s my favorite weather.
Favorite things to blog about (hauls, reviews, tags, etc)?
- Pretty much anything! I think I like reviews the best, because I can share my love and opinions for something with you guys. But I also like tag because it helps you guys get to know me, and I get to know you too. If you’re a blogger, I think you like blogging no matter the subject matter. 😊
Favorite superhero or villain?
- Hm… I really love The Black Panther from the Marvel comics. And also The Flash. And any female superhero. Because feminism. 😉
How would you describe your writing style?
- I’m not sure how I would describe it. I have been told it is friendly and easy to read. I hope that’s true! I would like to write a novel some day (as many of us would) and I hope I can make the writing flow while seeming creative and readable.
What are some of you obsessions (they don’t have to be books!)?
- Teacups and mugs! I collect them from the places I visit and also just buy any I find around that strike my fancy. I think this collection goes along with my love of all things cozy. I am planning to share some of my favorites with you guys soon. ☕️
What OTP do you ship dearly and would want above all others?
- How can I pick just one?? Maybe I’ll how you a classic. Harry and Ginny. Book Ginny is basically #goals for me (I specific book Ginny because movie Ginny is super lame in comparison). I think her and Harry are perfect. Plus, Ginny lives the Fangirl dream by marrying her celebrity crush 😉
Series or trilogy?
- I think trilogies. I like knowing how many books it’ll take to wrap the story up. And with only three books, you don’t have to wait as long to know the end!
Are you a shadowhunter? If so, what family are you part of? What other fandoms do you belong to?
- Shadowhunters all the way! I think I’d be a Carstairs, because that family needs more member. 😂 And Emma from Lady Midnight is my girl crush. She’d be a rad cousin. Other fandoms I’m part of? So many! Harry Potter, all Cassandra Clare books, all Sarah J. Maas books, The Hunger Games, Legend, Shatter Me, Sweet trilogy by Wendy Higgins, The 5th Wave, Maxiumum Ride (my first fandom!), and many more.
What Hogwarts house pair are you?
- Although Pottermore did place me in Ravenclaw, almost every other quiz I’ve taken from Buzzfeed and various websites place me in Gryffindor. So I guess that makes me Ravendor?
Finally, list some facts about what you like to read.
- Well, YA is my favorite genre. I love sci-fi, fantasy, dystopian, horror, and paranormal genres the best. With a bit of romance thrown in, of course. I think those are my favorites because they take you on an adventure you couldn’t otherwise experience. And I love living in the imagination of other people and making it my own too. 😊 Contemporary is my least favorite genre, but I still enjoy it. I just have to be in the right mood for it.
Okay! Now for my nominees! I did my best to choose bloggers who had not been nominated yet! If you have already received this award, you can decide if you’d like to do it again or not.
- Brooke from BrookeBibilophile
- Nagina from OhBookish
- Gretchen from ChicNerdReads
- Sarah from Sarah in Zombieland
- Cassidy from The Little Book Cottage
- Georgie from Good Book Vibes
Now, here are your questions. Good luck!
- What is your favorite book genre?
- What type of weather is your favorite to read in (i.e. out in the sun, inside while it rains, etc)?
- Have you read a book that surprised you? Could be ending, plot twist, etc.
- What author do you always auto-buy, no matter what the book?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? Or neither?
- Favorite classic book?
- Is there a blogger who’s posts you wait for/get excited for?
Okay, thanks for reading this super long post! I hope you enjoyed learning about me.